Technologies using new methods to recover waster heat emitted from devices including incinerators and engine rooms, and convert it into renewable energy have attracted growing attention. Among them, conversion of thermal energy into electricity using thermoelectric materials without any moving parts has drawn particular interest as maintenance-free and clean technologies.
ADVANCE RIKO has traditionally provided thermoelectric material and module evaluation systems used in developing power generation technologies. The F-PEM Evaluation System, however, has been designed to operate in harsher environments where thermoelectric modules are actually deployed, evaluating temperature differences, maximum power generation and heat flow, and calculating conversion efficiency. Evaluation testing by long-term operation and thermal cycling tests can also be performed not only for developing new modules, but for evaluating durability under conditions in which commercial modules are actually installed as well.
- Module output can be evaluated due to continuous load at high temperature
- Repeated Pmax measurement at regular intervals while applying long load
- Measurement applying constant load as well as modules set environment
- Evaluation of module’s maximum power and heat flow in atmosphere under load
- Calculate module’s conversion efficiency from maximum power and heat flow
- Evaluation of module’s long-hours durability
|Measurement properties||Power generation, Heat flow, Conversion efficiency|
|Temperature range||Room temperature to 600°C (heater setting value)|
|Measurement atmosphere||In air|
Introduction of available product Atmospheric Thermoelectric Module Evaluation System F-PEM
We will participate in “2016 MRS Fall Meeting & Exhibit” Nov.27th through Dec.2nd in Boston,U.S.A.
ADVANCE RIKO, Inc.
Toshifumi Saito, Sales Department