It is possible to measure the multilayer materials, which is difficult with the laser flash method.
This system is to measure the heat flow rate of a sample.
A heating block is contact with the high temperature side of the sample, and the low temperature side of the sample is contacted with a low temperature block which works as both a cooling and a heat flow meter to perform measurement.v
It is possible to measure the heat flow rate flowing from the hot side to the cold side of the sample in a steady state.
The thermal resistance of the unknown sample can be evaluated by comparing with the thermal flow measurement results of a standard sample with known thermal resistance.
- Composite of metal + resin
- Composite of ceramic and metal
- Composite of carbon and semiconductor
- Evaluation of anisotropic materials
- Heat flow rate (thermal resistance) in the thickness direction can be evaluated
- It is convertible to thermal resistivity using reference sample (Cu・SUS304, etc.)
- It is possible to meaure thermal resistance of a sample wich is made by joining a thin sheet material and a metal material
|Measured physical properties
|Heat flow rate (thermal resistance)
|50°C (Heating block set temperature)
|25mm or 40mm square x thickness 1 to 5mm
|In the atmosphere
|Approximately W800 x D800 x H1800(mm) (Main body)
Approximately W300 x D430 x H675(mm) (constant temperature water circulator)
|Approx. 250 kg
|Required power supply
|Main body:Single-phase AC200V, 5kW
thermostatic water circulator:Single-phase AC100V, 1.6kW
PC:Single-phase AC100V, 1kW
Sample system block
Example of measurement data
Research Paper List
- Development of a Thermal Resistance Evaluation Device Using a Flow Calorimeter
Thermal Physical Properties p. 16-21 No. 1, Vol. 37, 2023