This system can measure thermal diffusivity of sheet materials in-plane direction by scanning laser heating AC method (Angstrom method).
About high thermal conducting films, sub-micron thin films can also be measurable.
- Measurements of thermal diffusivity and thermal conductivity of high-thermal conductivity sheet materials (thickness < 500 µm) such as CVD diamond and aluminum nitride
- Measurements of thermal diffusivity and thermal conductivity of various metal sheet materials (thickness > 5 µm) such as copper, nickel, and stainless steel
- Measurements of thermal diffusivity and thermal conductivity of low-thermal conductivity sheet materials (thickness < 500 µm) such as glass and resin materials
- Measurements of thermal diffusivity and thermal conductivity of polymer films such as PET and polyimide (thickness > 5 µm) and anisotropic high-thermal conductivity graphite sheets (thickness < 100 µm)
- Measurements of thermal conductivity of aluminum nitride thin films and aluminum oxide thin films (thickness 100 to 300 nm) formed on glass substrates (thickness 30 µm)
- Measurements of thermal conductivity of DLC thin films (thickness > 1 µm) formed on glass substrates (thickness 0.03 mm)
- Measurements of thermal conductivity of organic dye thin films (thickness 100 to 300 nm) formed on PET substrates (thickness 0.1 mm)
- Evaluations of target materials for sputtering
＊Measurement condition may change depending on material of a sample and its physical values. The conditions mentioned on the catalog are rough standard.
- Accurate measurement of thermal diffusivity of a wide variety of sheet materials from diamond to polymer.
- Applicable to a wide variety of materials, including stand-alone seet, film and other materials, from 3 to 500 μm.
- Measurement of the thermal conductivity of 100 to 1000 nm thick film deposited on a test substrate by the differential method.
- Simple operation for measurement
- Control, measurement and analysis with exclusive software
- Houses all optical, control, measurement system in one compact bench-top module.
|Temperature range||RT||RT ～ 200 °C|
|AC power||Diod laser (685nm, 30mW)|
|Sample Size||Self-standing thin sheet: W2.5 ～ 5 mm × L30 mm × 3 ～ 500 μm
Thin film on a substrate: W2.5 ～ 5 mm × L30 mm × 100 ～ 1000 nm
|Measurement period||0.05 ～ 10/s|
Figure of the principle
Measurement method of thermal conductivity of thin film (differential method)
The thermal conductivity of a thin film deposited on a special glass test substrate can be found by measuring the thermal diffusivity of the deposited area and a non-deposited area on the same side of the test substrate. Thermal conductivity of the thin film is evaluated from “Measurement result in the two areas”, “Thickness of the glass substrate and its volume specific capacity”, and “Thickness of the thin film and its volume specific capacity”.